Meet your guide at your accommodation or elsewhere by prior arrangement or at the port right upon arrival and then embark for a rewarding exploration of the first portion of the new city. You will start passing by the beach front where most of the restaurants and night clubs are located; then cross the main avenue of Mohammed V to get to the 9th April Square by the main gate entrance into the Medina (old city). Visit the Anglo Saxon church of St Andrew then visit the market at the Grand Socco before getting into the narrow alleys of the old city and the Petit Socco.
Get to the Kasbah (15th century fortification) that is dramatically perched uphill overlooking the Mediterranean, Spain, Gibraltar and offering a superb view of the medina (old city). Visit the 17th century Sultan’s palace that has been turned into a museum offering a vast collection of fascinating antiquities including Roman remains. From Bab Bhar (the gate into the sea), you can stand on the terrace overlooking the straits of Gibraltar, continue down through the labyrinth streets and alleyways of the medina following the Matisse Route (which will take us through major points of interest related to the prominent artist Henry Matisse). Finally stop for a visit of the Mendoubia.
- 9.00 am (Spanish time) : Departure
- 10.00 am (Moroccan time) : Arrival in Tangier
- 10.30 am : Start the Tangier Medina Walking Tour from the Port of Tangier
- 11.30 am - 11.45 am : Explore the Kasbah Museum
- 11.45 am : Meander around the alleyways of the Kasbah.
- 12.15 pm : Explore the Old Medina
- 12.15 pm : Stop at the Anglican Church of Saint Andrew (if requested)
- 1.40 pm : Visit the American Legation (Optional)
- 2.00 pm : End of services
- 3.00 pm : Departure back to Tarifa - Spain
What’s included :
- English speaking private guide
- Entrance fees to museums
- Local taxes
What’s not included :
- All amenities that aren’t mentioned in the above itinerary
- Guide and driver tips
- Round trip ferry tickets
- Lunch and drinks
- Visit of the Old American Legation
- Extra time
- Pickup from your chosen location