It is highly recommended to take the 9am ferry from Tarifa to Tangier for a nice journey across the Strait of Gibraltar. Upon arrival, Aziz or one of his professional associates will meet and greet you at the port of Tangier before taking you for an interesting sightseeing tour around Tangier with a well-maintained and air-conditioned van.
The sightseeing tour entails an interesting drive through the Mohamed V avenue to initially form an idea about western architectures because Tangier, unlike the rest of the Moroccan cities, was designated as an international zone and therefore ruled by eight Western countries. You will get to drive through French, Belgian, Dutch, Spanish or Iberia districts to the California district where the richest Moroccans and foreigners live in fancy villas, mansions and places including the governor’s house, the Royal residence and much more.
Arrive at one of the focal points of Tangier, the Spartel Cape which is the furthest point towards the North Western mainland Africa and where it is believed both the Mediterranean and the Atlantic meet. The lighthouse was built in 1864 after four years of hard work and negotiations among representatives of nine European powers, USA and the Moroccan government. The lighthouse is still powerfully standing to reveal historical periods of political turbulences; however, it has been turned nowadays into an attractive spot being swarmed by visitors from the city and far beyond.
Drive along the Atlantic Coastline to the Hercules Caves where you can experience the camel rides by the Atlantic sandy beach. Hercules Caves date back to the Neolithic era and has been turned into a popular attractions being shrouded in mysterious legends behind its foundation.
After a short drive, return to Tangier for lunch in a traditional Moroccan restaurant, and then start the cultural tour, which will be in the Kasbah and the Medina: the oldest and the most exotic part of this mythical city. You will be given the chance to be in direct contact with the friendly locals!
Begin your tour of the old city by visiting the Kasbah and The Sultan’s Palace, which has been turned into a museum, while following the itinerary of Matisse, the famous French painter who was haunted by the mystery and beauty of this gem of town before choosing it to become his first home between 1912 and 1913. In the Medina, you will enjoy the world’s famous Moroccan markets, culture and maybe visit a traditional bakery. You will also get to visit Grand Socco, Petit Socco, and if the time permits we may visit the Old American Legation, founded in 1821 (the 1st National property of the USA in the overseas), and the Mendoubia building and Gardens (The international administration when Tangier was under-control of 8 powerful countries). We will finish either by some free time or some shopping in the Medina.
- 9.00 am (Spanish time) : Departing Tarifa
- 10.00 am (Moroccan time) : Arrival in Tangier
- 10.30 am : Start the sightseeing tour
- 11.30 am : Stop at Cape Spartel, 5 minutes free time for pictures or using facilities
- 11.45 am : Stop for camels either for taking pictures or for a ride
- 12.15 pm : Visit of Hercules caves
- 12.45 pm : Departure back to the city center for lunch
- 1.00 pm – 2.15.pm : Lunch (Optional)
- 2.15 pm : Visit of the Kasbah and the Museum
- 3.00 pm : Walking tour in the Medina and the market
- 4.00 pm : re-board the private transport and transferred back to the port
- 5.00 Pm : Leave in the Fast Ferry towards Tarifa
What’s included :
- Assistance at arrival and departure in the port of Tangier
- English speaking private guide
- Entrance fees to museums
- Air Conditioned Transportation with driver
- Local taxes
What’s not included :
- All amenities that aren’t mentioned in the above itinerary
- Guide and driver tips
- Round trip ferry tickets
- Lunch and drinks
- Camel ride
- Assistance and transfers at airport
- Visit of the Old American Legation
- Extra time
IMPORTANT: Due to the very important raise of prices that was applied by ferry companies on ferry tickets, we unfortunately can not offer the special price of €45/person anymore. The current cost of ferry tickets is €80/person.