In the morning, you will meet up with your local and professional tour guide whose outstanding passion of the city is remarkable and always eager to meticulously share the real Tangier with visitors. You will drive through the Mohamed V avenue to initially form an idea About the cities’ western architectures because Tangier, unlike the rest of Morocco, was designated as an international zone and therefore ruled by eight Western countries. Drive through the French, Belgian, Dutch, Spanish or Iberia districts to the California district where the richest Moroccans and foreigners live with its fancy villas, mansions and palaces including the governor’s house, the Royal residence and much more.
Arrive at one of the focal points of Tangier, the Spartel Cape which is the furthest point towards the North Western mainland Africa and where it is believed both the Mediterranean and the Atlantic meet. The lighthouse was built in 1864 after four years of hard work and negotiations among representatives of nine European powers, USA and the Moroccan government. The lighthouse is still powerfully standing to reveal historical periods of political turbulences; however, it has been turned nowadays into an attractive spot being swarmed by visitors from the city and far beyond.
Drive along the Atlantic Coastline to the Hercules Caves where you can experience the camel rides by the Atlantic sandy beach. These Caves date back to the Neolithic era.
Drive back to the majestic Kasbah that is dramatically perched uphill overlooking the Mediterranean, Spain, Gibraltar and the Medina. It was resided by Sultans since 15th century.
Visit the Kasbah Museum that was resided by the Sultan since the 17th century, the museum consists of a vast selection of antiquities including Roman remains. Walk through the narrow alleyways down to the vibrant Medina with colorful boutiques, bazaars, lively souks and unique style of life. In the late afternoon, your tour guide will escort you back to the Tangier port or to any location of your preference in Tangier.
• 9.00 am (Spanish time) : Departure
• 10.00 am (Moroccan time) : Arrival in Tangier
• 10.30 am : Start the sightseeing tour from the Port of Tangier
• 11.30 am : Stop at Cape Spartel, 20 minutes free time for pictures and drinks
• 12.00 pm : Stop for camels for a ride.
• 12.30 pm : Visit of Hercules caves
• 1.00 pm : Departure back to the city center for lunch
• 1.30 pm -2.30 pm : Lunch
• 2:30 pm: Transfer from the restaurant for the walking tour
• 2.45 pm: Visit of the Kasbah and the Museum
• 3.15 pm: Walking tour in the Medina and the market
• 4.00 pm – 6.00 pm: Visit of the Old American Legation and free time for shopping or drinks at the Petit Socco
• 6.00 pm : Departure for the Port of Tangier
• 6.15 pm : Arrival at the Port. End of our services
• 7.00 pm: Leave in the Fast Ferry towards Tarifa
What’s included :
- Assistance at arrival and departure in the port of Tangier
- English speaking private guide
- Camel ride
- Entrance fees to museums
- Air Conditioned Transportation with driver
- Soft drinks and pastries at Cape Spartel
- Local taxes
What’s not included :
- All amenities that aren’t mentioned in the above itinerary
- Guide and driver tips
- Extra time
- Assistance and transfers at airport
IMPORTANT: Due to the very important raise of prices that was applied by ferry companies on ferry tickets, we unfortunately can not offer the special price of €45/person anymore. The current cost of ferry tickets is €80/person.